Monday, October 18, 2004

Farewell To A Lady

A lady left her mortal body last Wednesday , the 13th October 2004 , and gained her angel wings.

Heather was Lisa's grandmother.
Lisa , in turn , has been my best friend since she and I were 9 years of age.
Now I refer to a few people as my best friend ... for instance I regard my sisters and mum as my best friends also but they are so in a different way....

Lisa and I became joined at the hip basically , as soon as we met in grade 3. We couldnt bear to be away from each other. People around us soon came to refer to us as simply Tina&Lisa ....
We were amalgamated lol.

Heather raised Lisa. She was biologically Lisa's grandmother but , really , she became Lisa's mother. She provided Lisa with a roof over her head , clothes to wear & food in her belly.
More importantly she nurtered her , she gave her guidance in this world and she was an endless and unconditional source of love.
Thank you Heather.
You were a quiet , classy & strong woman and it was a pleasure knowing you.
I'll light a candle for you tonight and wish you an amazing journey to your next stop on this mysterious and magical plane of existence.
May my own nana meet you somewhere along the way with her warm smile and open arms to welcome you.

No comments: