Wednesday, August 31, 2005

She Drowns...

She Drowns


I kiss her hand and dance with her
She wears her finest old dress
Her eyes glitter mischief
and dark delightful secrets
Her plump juicy red lips move
across the lobes of my ear
and flutter like twin butterflies
as she sings her soulful nostalgic lullabies..

Scent of magnolia, drifts and curls
lazily inside my senses
Her slow, easy smile
All promise to haunt me
long after I leave her.

I loved her long before I danced in her mysterious ballroom

I hold her Southern Belle face
Sorrowfully kiss her eyelids
I am a daughter of Reality
It now beckons me back, possessively

So I turn and walk, to her my eyes keep turning back
My tears fall
upon her Big Easy streets
and she cries
The water starts to rise above her feet

From afar, my heart weeps
As she drowns.....

No comments: