Thursday, January 19, 2006

The Stork Has Landed

Once again :D

I posted this on TPF on January 8th...

Seems like the stork is mighty busy this month !

My fiance flew to Boston this weekend to help his brother and sister-in-law put together the baby nursery, as their bubby was due in 2 weeks time. Josh finished up the nursery last night and was due to fly back home this afternoon ( Sunday ).

Then at 5 am this morning, his sister-in-law's water broke and their daughter was born by C-Section not long after ( they had to perform it as the baby wasnt turned ).

Her name is Josephine Viognier (pronounced 'Vee-on-yay').

Viognier is a type of grape,grown in France, which is used to make wine. Her papa is a sommilier after all....surprisingly it wasnt he that picked the name...his wife chose it.

She weighed 5 pounds 4 ounces, so she's a tiny angel.

Josh is an uncle for the first time ! I'm an aunt again !

I feel really happy for the excellent timing on Josephines part because Josh and I, as some of you know, are flying to Australia in March, for at least a year and I was worried that Josh wouldnt get a chance to meet his first niece before then.

She must've decided " Hey, my uncle is flying to the other side of the world and here's my chance to meet him before he leaves".


She also chose to be born on my sister's ( Kristy's ) birthday ! And, as Kristy also pointed out to me, January 8th is also Elvis's birthday ! Josephine chose to be born in good company *wink*.

Josh's brother and sister-in-law are gonna have a problem with Josh nicknaming her Joey-da-Grape now though lol...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS CONGRATS CONGRATS!
(Hmmm not sure what you did that I am congratulating you for though lol) She is soooo tiny in the pics I can't imagine having a baby that size with my decent sized buddahs, I would so scared I would break her lol.
Why Joey da grape? lmao