Saturday, July 01, 2006

Whoops, there I is...

Well hello,

I've been gone so long I feel like a stranger to my own blog....

Been back on home soil for 3 months now. Feels like I never left. The streets are the same, people move with the same gait down Swanston Street, Bourke Street et al, Hard Rock Cafe stills stands opposite Metro Nightclub....

Yet I don't quite feel the same...

I could almost say that I fell asleep last night, laid my head down on my Melbourne pillow and dreamt I went to Canada. That, this morning, I got up and watched Canadian-dream cobwebs flutter from my eyes, disintegrating on the morning sunlight speckled floors of my Melbourne bedroom.

I'm unsure as to whether I find my hometown familiarity a welcome. I love my home city, with all it's hidden secret laneways, yet I don't think I was ready to return from the adventure.

I was just starting to like being out of my comfort zone.

I was ready to be with my family again. I missed them. My family are my heart. It's just that my limbs were starting to enjoy the run, starting to warm up with the blood rush, the adrenaline.

My year in Toronto, our trek through streets of Rome, Florence, Madrid, Toledo..... swimming in my head. I need to commit enough to the computer to get all those tales down. 1200 photos to crop, edit and post on my flickr account.....will do that someday soon.

Our first 3 months here have been.....challenging at nearly every turn. Still challenging, we keep trying for a break but brick walls are being put up for our efforts. This year is going to be a doozy; the wedding to plan in Hawaii ( the dates been set by the way, May 31st 2007! ), immigration to plough through, finding work other then temporary jobs, debt to keep paying. We keep our chins up and keep thinking positive and keep persisting after each knockdown, each job rejection, each hurdle.....

I kinda sound mechanical here, I know. I'm laying on the bed, using the laptop and feel kinda uncomfortable doing it so maybe it's reflecting on my entry here lol.

Anyway, I will return with some gossip and tales of our adventures. So much to tell, I really don't know where to begin. So much soul altering stuff, that happened quietly, subtley, but happened all the same. For the first time in my life, I didnt wanna find a keyboard and write about it, I wanted to just live it, let myself absorb it in the quiet parts of my soul.

There are some things that cant be told, only felt.

No comments: