Monday, December 24, 2007

Fun Lies In The Mundane

Who ever would have guessed that laundry could be so intoxicatingly fun?

At least to Miss Maya it is. I lie her on the bed as I fold laundry and she screams in delight, widens her eyes, clenches her fists and her whole body tenses up in excitement while she builds up to the next squeal as she watches sheets, wraps, underwear, daddy's shirts et al flow over the top of her as I whip them in the air to straighten them out.

I knew it would keep her from grumbling in boredom, I didn't realise she'd get SUCH a kick outta it.

After I pick up an item, I explain to her what it is and let her feels it in her little exploring hands. Sometimes she clasps it and brings it to her face and against her cheek as if she is revelling in the softness.

I don't think I need to BUY my kid toys. There's plenty around the house to keep her entertained.

No comments: