Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Trinkets In Boxes

Mum and Mal ( the M&M's ) phoned me at work before lunch , announcing they would be at my place in a few hours , with a trailor , to grab all my larger bits of furniture.
My head was filled with stress already so I was like " Arghhh , I havent got things really ready " !
They tried callin me last night but couldnt reach me and today was really the only day they could come down to do this.
I was grateful I have them to help me though.
I locked up the office during my lunchbreak and ran across the road to my place to organise what stuff was going with them today. Carted things downstairs.
Went back to work afterwards and tried to get in touch with Grace , the real estate agent , only to find shes away on leave. Spoke to an Emmanuel instead and worked out remaining rent to be paid ( for this week ) and getting my bond back etc.
Then paid a shitload of bills , dipping into travel funds to do it.
That was fun lol.
Came home after work and really got stuck into packing away all the little trinkets and belongings I have accumulated over the years.
Beauty products that sit on a shelf , ignored. Books I have read once and stuck in a bookcase. Salt Water Taffey from Ocean City Maryland. Stattuettes given on Xmas's past.
You get my drift.
Tryin to decide what to sell at a garage sale , what to send ahead of me to Toronto.What to give to my mum and sisters....
I'll look at something and think " I want to take that with me to Toronto " then I'll force myself to pack it in the 'Not coming with me ' box.
Even stuff that isnt of sentimental value , like a box of never-used Mikasa wine glasses or the like , I would take with me for my apartment in Toronto if it wasnt so expensive to ship over there.
Have a stackload of junk destined for the tip too.

Every time the mail arrives at work I hope that one of those letters is a letter saying I've gotten the work visa.
Gettin a second job to save the money I realllllly realllllly need to save for the trip is one of the 'stress' issues. The second is getting that visa.
Then theres campin out in my sisters living room for the next 9 or so weeks , the longer commute to work and the getting home at midnight and gettin up at 5 am every morning ( if I'm lucky to score a second job )....

And I'll stop now before I really turn this into a 'pity party ' and start gettin stressed up over it all again , like I was earlier today...

It was just one of those days where I'm lettin everything crowd on top of me. In the grand scheme of things these things are tiny. I'm sure there are many ppl who would swap their greater troubles with my tiny , minute ones in a nanosecond.


No comments: