Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Hello Canuckia !

Wow ....where do I start ?!

It's been so long since I've been online,let alone made an entry in here, the keyboard is looking alien to me ha....

The last month or so leading up to leaving Australia was crazy chaos and stresssssssful.
I had to apply for a U.S visa because of a simple 3 hour layover at LAX. I wasnt eligible for the 90 day visa waiver program because I am going to be in North America for longer then 90 days. So it was a mad stressful rush of trying each day to get an appointment at the US embassy in Melbourne in time in order to process the visa in time for me to leave.
At one stage I wasnt able to get an appointment until the 23rd of March which meant that the Easter weekend fell pretty much straight after and I was leaving on the Easter Monday. So I was having to check the embassy site every day, relying, hoping, praying that someone would cancel any earlier appointment they were holding.
Arghhh !!
Josh checked the site one day, about 20 minutes after I had checked (and had no luck). He happened to have checked at the right time because an appointment for the 18th had just become available, so I left the new girl I was training at work to hold the forte and RUSHED to the internet cafe next door to try to snatch up the appointment before someone else did ( ya have to be lightening FAST to grab appointments as it turns out).
Thankfully I got it.
So, yeah, those weeks were a mad rush of getting documents, photos and id etc together, training the new girl to take over my position at work, spending as much time with my family as humanly possible, packing, shopping for warm clothes, closing bank accounts, writing up my resume,working two jobs and chasing up references etc and other general things one must take care of when they're moving to another country.
And somewhere in there, talk to my boy....
I was exhausted by the time I got on the plane at Melbourne, after tears had been shed with goodbyes to family members.

Anyway .... I'm in Canada as I speak !!
In the fabulous apartment Josh set up for us !
God did it feel good finally being with him again, seeing his face !
I think I've cuddled and kissed him non-stop since I got here.
He put together a 'Welcome to Canuckia ' package which was all layed out on the dresser when we got back to the apartment. My eyes did not know where to look first !
There was a babushka doll set, a BIG bottle of Tresor perfume , shower gel and body cream ( my favourite perfume ) which also came with a gift make up bag full of makeup and another perfume etc. There were tickets to the Joss Stone concert this June , tickets to Mamma Mia, a gift card to La Senza (lingerie) , bottles of wine from the places we're going to visit on the way back to Aus next March (one from Spain, one from Italy ) packaged together with pink champagne and ice wine on a silver platter tray, yummy chocolates from The Ultimate Truffle store, a cd of music he made for me, Body Shop gift sets filled with massage oil, their Sugar and Spice products and more.A subway and street directory. There was a bunch of Cara Lily's and white roses in a glass vase on the kitchen bench ......
I got spoiled ROTTEN ! Talk about bowl a girl over !
The best part though was being with him again...it felt like a dream.
We've spent pretty much every moment together, bar today because he had to go to work.We've gone out on REAL dates and sickened subway commuters by endless smooching and puppy-dog eye'sing each other on the train and allllll that gooey stuff.
It snowed the second morning here and I ran outside in my pj's to catch snowflakes. What ?! I've never seen snow FALL before so I was excited *wink*.

Met one of Josh's best friends ,Annette, on Saturday and then went to his family's house on Sunday for dinner. I was nervous both times but they're awesome ppl so it was great.
Went for a job interview yesterday but I was so nervous and had such a bad case of dry-mouth-itus that I walked outta the interview cringing at myself lol. Bad thing is , though , is that Josh and his mum are patients at this place ( its a chiropractic clinic in downtown Toronto )and have been selling me hard to this guy and that pretty much meant that the job should be in the bag for me right....so if I dont get it how lame is that ?
Lol.

Anyway, I'm writing a book here yet again so I shall shut up for the time being.

See ya soon !

Signed - Lovesick in Toronto

No comments: