Thursday, April 07, 2005

Playin In Canuckian Waters

Oh have I been a regular lazybum this past week !

I've been slidin outta bed around 10 am'ish each day, hovering over breakfast and peekin around in my regular net haunts, doin a little more organizing via phone with my financial biz back home in Aus, before pulling on my boots and wandering down Yonge Street and poking my nose in Toronto shopping life.

After the busy months just passed, this feels gooooooood!

I got the job at the chiro clinic and start on Monday ! At first it'll be around 29 hours a week so now I need to find a second job to sustain things until more hours are availabubble at this new job. My credit cards are takin punches like the credit-card men they are but they're startin to snarl dangerously at me so I'm crossing my fingers ( and eyes ) that the $$$ will start flowin in again kinddddda soonish.

I introduce myself each day to the city and the city smiles its charming hello back as I walk down Yonge Street. I'm dying to take the camera out and take portrait shots of the many faces of Toronto, its many frowns and grins.

Discovered a very New Orleans flavoured music store around the corner from home and spent a cool half hour talkin to its owner about blues & jazz music and N'awlins. He told me about a great little New Orleans radio station which I'm listening to online as I type. In case you're interested this is the radio stations online address.

This little treasure of a store will be haunt # 1 on my discovery list.

After my Yonge Street ambling, I stop at the Starbucks 6 doors down from home and get my cuppacino skim grande with hazelnut, cinnamon dusting its froth, and head home and sit down at the computer, under the living room window. Watching the ppl go by I contemplate the book I am determined to write before I leave this place. Thinking of Josh, counting the minutes until he gets home.
And I cant recall the last time where I've felt THIS happy and content and inspired in my life.

No comments: