Thursday, December 08, 2005

Smoke-Free Countdown

So it starts...

On Tuesday morning I had a ciggarette at 10 am and didnt have another.

Until now: 8:30 pm Thursday night.

I felt really, REALLY good about quitting every single day whilst I was at work. But after work, when I would normally have a ciggarette and coffee, I felt the withdrawls. Yet, I still felt good, I felt clean. I just kept wondering if I'll ever get to that stage of not wanting a smoke, not missing it, looking at other ppl having a smoke and wondering how I could ever have been a smoker. It felt like this time around I wouldnt get to that point again. The last time I quit, I was horribly ill and in a lot of pain in hospital, anti-biotics being pumped by the truckload into my system to combat the contents of my burst appendix that were marinading surrounding organs. So, it was that I just didnt pick up another ciggarette after I got out of hospital and I never missed it.

Anyways, I caved in tonight and bought a packet. But I know now that my mind is ready to quit smoking, because I noticed how good I felt about it 80 % of the time over the last few days. I also noticed that, come 7 pm - 8 pm ....I was so sleepy that I'd fade into sleep on the couch...it was as if my body was recovering by turning to sleep.

So, over the next few days I resolve to cut down on smokes until the new quit day; Monday. I will make sure I'm better prepared. Over the next few days I'll take up gym slowly also and eat better. On Tuesday morning, I will visit with the chinese acupuncurist who is in residence at my work with the goal of acupuncture helping lessen the cravings.

So be prepared, next week is probably gonna be scattered with rantings of a girl who is giving up a strong holding vice.

Josh has given up. He had his last ciggarette with me last Tuesday morning as well but he seems to be in a better, stronger frame of mind then I am about it right at this point and he is doing SO well. I am very proud of him and I feel awful about letting him down because I caved tonight. But I will be quit soon too, so this is a temporary setback only....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you good vibes chick!! I know how ya feel, dont worry, 2 steps forward and 1 step back is still going forward!

Anonymous said...

Azq jhnrfjn

Anonymous said...

Awww you could always grow another appendix and then burst it again.
That should do the trick ;)