Thursday, November 15, 2007

She Speaks!


Pretty baby, originally uploaded by Luminosity.

My little darling uttered her first word yesterday (around 4pm 14th November 2007...gotta record the time/date for prosperity sakes.)

She has been trying her hardest to talk for the past 3 weeks or so, where she'll lock eyes with mine (or whoever is looking into her eyes) and she'll be so focused on trying to make sounds into words. Then, when I speak, she'll stop and focus on my mouth and then try to mimic my mouth movements and she'll move her tongue out of her mouth because she sees that the tongue is involved with talking somehow...and she'll resume with trying to form 'words'.

So, there's been one recurring word throughout, which sounded like "Ahhgooo".

Yesterday, "Ahhgoo" turned into "A girlllll"

Her first words being "A girllll" makes sense, considering they were the very first words she would have heard when she was pulled out into the world: "It's a girl"!

I know every mother thinks this but I have the cleverest child! ;)

No comments: