Sunday, November 18, 2007

This Is Not A Maya Post


Maya Kisses Daddy, originally uploaded by Luminosity.

I won't write about Maya in this post.

I won't tell you that she sometimes pulls her lips in and back in a Cabbage Patch Doll kinda way when she tries to talk.

Definitely won't mention that she started farting and pooing up a storm when we sat in front of a breastfeeding education class, where I was breastfeeding Maya to demonstrate how it's done, to a group of expectant couples. That she got that look in her eye, where she loses focus on the breast and gazes absentmindedly. Then proceeded to push her little body straight and grunt. So, I saw it coming before everyone else did.

So, I wont go into how she has impeccable timing once again.

I also won't talk about how we spent the afternoon today, just the two of us. Lying on the bed on our sides, curled facing each other and having a conversation for at least an hour. Then I fed her there, both of us still lying on our sides until we drifted off to afternoon nap-land. That we woke up around the same time quite content with all in the world, two peas in the pod.

So, that's all I have to write about not talking about Maya.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those kind of naps make everything right in the world. I love reading about Maya...even though of course, this post was not about her ;)

Tina said...

Best kind of nap there is!

Health and happiness to you and fam hon!