Thursday, April 19, 2007

Ahhh Baby Brain...

And I thought I was rich in ditzy moments BEFORE I fell pregnant...

Baby-Brain Moment # 1: Standing in my kitchen in the morning, eating my cereal and staring vacantly at the contents of my pantry, vaguely wondering what was wrong with the picture I was looking at. Eventually realized I was staring at the carton of milk I had put on the pantry shelf, instead of in the fridge.

Baby-Brain Moment # 2: Yesterday morning, breakfast time again. Josh had already poured me a bowl of cereal and had it waiting for me. I pour milk onto cereal, put milk back in fridge. Ahh challenge completed successfully. Speak to Josh as I pull out OJ. Grab a bowl and absent mindedly begin to pour OJ into bowl. Half a 'glass' later, look down at bowl, look at Josh...cue laughing. Josh now has more material to pull out for down the track, when he wants to amuse others with ancedotes of his baby-brain-addled wife-to-be.

Baby-Brain Moment # 3: Today at work. Putting stationery away in their appropriate spots. The portable phone I carry around work is on the bench in front of me, in amongst other stationery tools. Finish packing away stationery, grab phone and head to kitchen. Get to kitchen and realize it wasn't the phone I grabbed, I am holding the stapler.

Nice.

It'll get worse, mark my words.

No comments: