Monday, April 09, 2007

Baby's Got Bump

A view from the outside...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I'm 20 weeks pregnant today! Happy Halfway Point!!!

The Corn Pop is moving around and I feel soft little tapping kicks every now and then. A couple of weeks ago I started feeling this really strange movement that was decidedly different to the kick/taps I feel these days. Sounds awful to compare our baby to a reptile but the sensation was akin to feeling the weight of a boa constrictor on the floor of my uterus, sliding around. Very Alien-like...

God, I feel like I've started writing about this very late in the game...I mean I'm halfway through my pregnancy and this is only my second post about it. I guess I didn't have words for this amazing time, I was digesting all these changes.

Sleeping on my side (yep, I'm a devoted, life-long belly sleeper) is still taking some getting used to, even with the maternity body pillow I forked out good money for. It's too fat and my leg either falls off it through the night or I wake up in the morning and discover the pillow slacking off on the floor.

No comments: