Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Amigos & Hula-Hoops

Well my 30th birthday shimmied in , belly danced and sashayed its way back behind the velveteen curtain for another year.

Yep ,theres something sexy about the number three O ...and its nine sisters proceeding after it. Ms 30 is startin to get good at swinging those hips and dancing to the hypnotising beat of the drum.
And shes got nada on the rest of the group ! *wink*.

Now I'm not saying I have achieved this yet (I'm workin on it , aint quite there yet ppls *laugh* ) but ..........
I'll say this about BOTH men & women ...;
Theres a certain deep beauty in someone that has 'grown into their own skin'.
Unlike the surface-level brand of prettiness , this beauty is intangible , ingrained , indelible ....and its ink flows from living by heart , seeing by mind & loving from soul.

And theres something you might have realized about me. I babble. A lot.

Had a FANTASTICAL day on my Friday the 13th b'day !
Unlucky for some but lucky for this chicaroonie *silly grin *.
It was just a haze of phone calls , messages and smiles. My lil sis sent me bewwwtiful flowers to my workplace ( and I grinned all big-like when I saw em !! ).Talked to J , hung out with mum , went out dancingggggg all night with mi mama , mi sisters and mi amigos. The following Saturday I went to my sister's and we cooked up spaghetti bolegnaise and I got to hang out with my two favourite mini-men , my nephews !! They both showered me with lil boy smiles.
I was just a loved-up puppy.

Went out shopping with my papa and sis on Sunday ( well they bought stuff anyway.)
The only thing I bought was a pink sparkly hula-hoop , which I took for a test-run in an aisle in Big W. My sister 'deadpan-looked' me and asked me if I REALLY will use it , before she let the supressed smile escape. She's slowly coming to terms with the fact that big sis is just a big kid and aint gonna be changin anytime soon *wink*.
I was quite happy with my hula-hoop *big grin*.
And si.... I really WILL use it :P.

I think everyone should buy a kid thang for themselves when they turn 30.

-T

1 comment:

anonymous said...

happy hula hips to ya tina ;) glad to know ya are enjoying your thirties thus far - thanks for dropping by me little corner of cyberspace as well! lots o' love from kiwiland :) mark