Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Sunlight, Sparkles & Daisies

Today is one of those GORGEOUS days where , when outside , you move through warm , soft spring air and the sunlight bathes your hair and skin with sparkles.
The sky is colored baby blue , occassional fluffy white cotton balls of cloud floating by.
I just want to ditch responsibilites , ditch work , find a park with tall heady-scented grass , lie back and just let the sun soak into every pore and melt the icicles that winter has formed ......
Coz it sure as hell has been a bloody cold season baybay !
Walking back to work , after lunch , a large round daisy 'bouquet' captures my attention and I cant resist it. I walk over and lean down , close my eyes and breathe in daisy perfume.
After a minute , I pick one and put it in my hair and continue walking back to the office.

Last Saturday I came across something from the oldie-but-a-goodie' childrens classic Peter Pan. It has been so long since I read that story I had forgotten this cute magical lil passage :


"When the first baby laughed for the first time, the laugh broke into a thousand pieces and they all went skipping about, and that was the beginning of fairies."



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is beautiful TIna
:)
Amanda

Tina said...

Gracias Manda hon *smooch*

Kara start swimmin chic , by the time ya get here it'll be hot *chuckle*
(and Melbourne better get a half decent summer this year or I'll CRY ! ).