Friday, August 27, 2004

If I ever lose my faith

Song Playing : 'If I Ever Lose My Faith In You' - Sting.

During my lunchbreak , last Thursday , I watched an interview Oprah had with Sting on her show. The last quarter of the show then involved Sting and his wife Trudie.
Now I gotta say here that I have a ( rather healthy ) scepticism of celebrity marriages as far as how loyal they all are towards each other and so forth...
Yet , watching these two ppl talk about the love that they have for each other ... the way they were speaking these words and the way they were looking at each other ...
Well lets just say its so good to see two ppl so in love with each other .... after many, many years of being together ! :)

Thought I'd post most of the interview below....

Sting says one of the most defining moments of his life happened when as a boy he discovered his mother with her lover. Sting says his mother's affair distorted all of his future relationships with women.

"I think it made me very afraid of intimacy for many, many years—afraid to tell the truth…It did color every relationship I had with women. I'm not sure if I trusted women, for a long, long time."

After witnessing his mother's infidelity, Sting became an angry child and would often go to his grandmother's house, where he would play the piano aggressively. One such instance inspired the title of his memoir.

"She came in and said, 'Would you stop playing that broken music?' That was her expression for what I was doing," Sting explains."And I felt kind of ashamed, so I spent the rest of my life trying to 'fix' the music."

Oprah: "You ended up doing something that you had for so many years resented your mother for: You fell in love with a woman while you were married and ended up doing the exact same thing."

Sting: "Well, it wasn't exactly the same thing because I was honest about my love for this woman. I met Trudie and instantly recognized who she was, that she was the woman for the rest of my life. There was a tidal wave of emotion that simply couldn't be stopped. But I didn't tell a lie for the rest of my life; I openly admitted it."


Trudie says the way she met Sting was far from ideal: Sting and his family were her next-door neighbors! But she couldn't help falling in love with him.

"It's so indescribable. It's a feeling that you've come home.
It was growing on us, particularly on me, in a way that was not really ideal. Sting was married and had a family so it was an act of betrayal," acknowledges Trudie. "It's this thing called love. It's bigger than us, isn't it?"

Sting : " We've known each other for a quarter of a century. I'm still deeply in love with her and deeply in lust with her at the same time. It's a continuing adventure , I learn more about her every day and there's so much to learn....
I'll never quite get to the bottom of this woman , which intruiges me.

My goal is to die with this woman loving me."

Is their sex life as wild and wonderful as we hear?

Trudie : "It's not five or seven hours of sex, it's five or six or seven hours of lovemaking. Now lovemaking to me is like a renewal of ourselves. So he'll run a bath for me and the bathroom will be set with candles and essential oils. Then he'll give me a massage. And we'll look at each other in the eyes for a very long time. Because don't forget he travels a lot so when we come together it's really a renewal of the day we started our love affair. Being together is as important as the sex act. Making love can go on for hours because we can be kissing each other. After all these years, I love him still kissing me."


*Sigh*.




1 comment:

Tina said...

Lol when ya say 'Tina's SoulJuices' it sounds so p0rn ! Muahaha.
Yay ya finally listened to me and blogged !

Si Si ... Sting is tres sexiness isnt he. How GOOD does their marriage sound eh ?!?