Friday, August 20, 2004

Headin off for a Mama-Love Fix

Song playing : 'I'll Be Seeing You'- Billie Holiday.

Threw a sickie today , from work....

I work six days a week and have done for the last 8 years. Its a 'once-every-blue-moon' thang for me to enjoy an actual TWO day weekend.
So whenever I feel a pang of guilt today I zap it !

Had my papa staying at my place from last Saturday to Wednesday. Then he went back to his home in Queensland.
Even though I will never be as close to him as I am to my mum , it was good to have his company.
Your parents are your parents and I know he loves me and my sisters and brother more then his life.
I'm the eldest.... he was only 17 ( turning 18 ) when I was born and he was a bit of a wild one back then.
He was a crazy kid with a matching big tough bravado but when he came home to a tiny baby daughter he was probably scared witless lol.
He was in Melbourne to have a new eye treatment - its similiar to laser eye surgery. His appointment was Tuesday night at 8:30 pm.... we got there at 8 pm.
He didnt get called in until 12:15 am.
Dad was getting annoyed around 9:30 pm... by 11:30 pm he was nodding off to sleep. I'm glad I was there with him for the wait though.I just chatted with him to take his mind off the 'waiting'. Plus we watched the Olympics on the waiting room tv.
Thank God for the tv lol.
Anyway I gotta log off and go catch a train. I'm heading up to a small country town called Seymour. Thats where the mama lives.
I love leaving Melbourne and the rat-race behind. The minute I start my journey I relax.
Mum , her fiance Malcolm and his son Heath are taking me out to dinner tonight.Its a restaurant that doubles as an art gallery.Its just gonna be a relaxed continuation of my birthday celebrations. Then , on Sunday , we're going to a spot in the country that they told me is BEWWWWTIFUL !
Taking my camera , loads of film and tripod *silly grin *.

[mush-moment] I love the people in my life. [/mush-moment]

Heres one of em. My mum :) ....( and yours truly )



Take care kiddos.

- T

1 comment:

Tina said...

LOL @ Ocker ! Oi back atcha woman !!

Thanks babe *MUAH* !