Wednesday, May 18, 2005

New Country Blues

I think thats whats goin on with me....

First the build up and workin my ass off in two jobs, running around like a madwoman trying to organise my move to Canada in stolen moments whilst AT my full-time job...

Then the excitement of being here in Canada.

Then I started a new job, got a 2nd job in about a week of being here. The office job is only giving me 20 hours a week at a measly $ 10 an hour before tax. The second job fell through because the office job kept me there until 7:30 and it just didnt fit in with the 2nd jobs hours so *plonk* went the bar job, in the toilet.

Yeah I went into holiday mode when I got here and still trying to pick myself up outta it.Things just feel a little strange at the mo and I miss the stability of the full time Monday-Saturday job I had back home...where I got paid half-decently. I had a routine going and now things are all up in the air and I feel vulnerable and down these days. I dont wanna even say " I'm going to do this " etc to other people because at the moment it sounds like just 'talk' ...so whats the point ?

So get off your butt and do somethin about it ya lazy sod, are the words floating around my mind and probably yours too.Stop whining/talking/promising...

The place where Josh works may be going on strike in the coming months and if they do it could last anywhere from two to five months, without pay. So on top of the mountain of debt both of us have, we'll still have to find some way to pay living costs.
New Orleans in August for my birthday is looking VERY VERY iffy right now....
I want to travel as much as I can and see as much as I can of Canada and the world, not be buried under work and paying off debts.

I miss hangin out with my mum and sisters. I miss my nephews cuddles and laughter.

In other news , Lucy the cat is on heat and is being quite noisy about it ( although she is sleeping on the couch on the mo ). Gotta take her into the vet tomorrow for a pre-op then book her in to get spayed. Fun for her eh.

Dont get me wrong, I love Lucy to bits and wouldnt trade her for anything but now shes a responsilbility and if we wanna go see other parts of Canada and the States we're gonna have to constantly get someone to catsit her. Then we'll have to fly her back to Aus and she'll have to be quarantined whilst we travel to Spain and Italy on our way back to Aus ( if we can afford it ).

I had to vent...these are just a few things playin on my mind...I'll probably be fine and back to my normal self very very soon and see things in a different, more positive light. I just dont wanna go home to Aus and say all I did was work and live like I normally do back home which comprised of work,home,work,home, responsibilities.
I just want this to be an adventure.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Thanks for your chin-up Maude. I read your comment whilst at work, right after a patient yelled at me, and your words cheered me up.