Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Yucky Day Continued.

Why do people have to be so horrible to staff on the phone ?

Got to work today, after writing the last couple of posts, still feeling down and proceeded to 'get on with it' at the office.

A patient calls, one that I had spoken to the day before. She had called the previous day to reschedule her appointment from Wednesday to this Friday so I did my best to line up a massage with one of our massage therapists and an appointment with Sid, one of our chiropractors so that she could pretty much see Sid after her massage.
Later on in the day I realized that this woman was already in the appt book for Friday ( why did she not tell me this instead of acting like she was simply moving her appts from Wednesday to Friday ? ). Someone else in the office had already booked her in to see another chiropractor, Mila, after a massage with Krista. So I call her, leave a message on her answering machine about this and asked her to call back to confirm.
Today she calls and when I tell her shes seeing Mila she gets all riled up. I tell her that everyone is pretty booked out and this is the best we can do for her but she yells " NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" !!! pretty aggressively down the phone. " I dont WANT to see Mila, I want to see SID. HE is the ONLY one who sees me and its been this way for two years !!". Then started sighing and carrying on saying how unnacceptable this was, that we were mucking her around. I said as calmly as I could " I'm really sorry about this....what do you want to do... ?"
" Oh just nevermind. I'll come in for the massage only. Sid's gonna have your head ".
" MY head ?" I asked.
" Oh whoever makes the appts yada yada ..."

Gotta love copping the shit for other ppl's mistakes. Some ppl dont think about the fact that the person trying to help you on the other end of the phone is simply just a person getting through their day.... possibly someone who is having a bad day and has been close to tears all day themselves.

No comments: