Thursday, May 19, 2005

A New Day

I walked home after work yesterday ( I'm a 15 minute walk from work ), welcoming the fresh air and fading light of the day.
I walk through Mt Pleasant Cemetary which runs alongside most of my walk home and find its a peaceful, pretty place. One can see at least half a dozen squirrels at any given time in this cemetary and having not seen one up close before, I take notice of the little creatures and smile at their cuteness. The first time I spotted one, on my walk home last Saturday, I stopped on the path and watched it. It noticed me too and maybe, having not seen a strange, displaced Aussie before, it took notice of me too and started to approach me for a closer look at my 'cuteness'.
Lol.
I continued walking though because I wasnt sure if they bite/have rabies. Ahhh my Northern American creature naivety ?

As I was walking home I mused apon a comment that Maude made in my "New Country Blues" post; about having a peaceful,thought-collecting place when in a new land.
Well Mt Pleasant is a start, I've yet to discover beautiful peaceful havens this city has to offer. I'm sure there are hundreds and I cant wait to find them.

Taking Lucy to the vet today. I'm not familiar with the city really and never been to this area before so this should be interesting lol. I just went and bought a cat carrier and have to take public transport so wish me luck and hope I dont get lost with a distressed, on heat, cat in a bag.

No comments: