Saturday, December 18, 2004

Melting In Melbourne

35 degrees celcius in Melbourne ..... I'm now officially melting and cannot be bothered doin anything besides laying on my bed and blobbing.

Not that I'm compaining about the heat.... I lurrrve me some good summer heat ....

Arthur , one of my neighbours ( well , not a neighbour for much longer ) has already made dibs on my colorful lantern lights I have running alongside my outdoor staircase.
He's a sweet man .... he reminds me of Forrest Gump ...a little bit mentally 'slower' then most ....but , also , more of a 'real ' person then most ...
Nope , ya dont cop any bullshite from Arthur ...
Last night was one of those nights where everyone in the neighbourhood emerged , before sundown , and sat on porches or front lawns , or stood out in the street leaning on their cars ...drinks in hand ...chatting and enjoying the summer evening/night ...
Just the regular relaxing on a Friday night , after the week is done at work/school ....
I was walkin back home with a steaming box of noodles in hand and hung out with them for awhile and talked.
Everyone has their Xmas decs and lights up now.
I love this time of year ( newsflash eh , a lot of ppl do lol ... ).
So Arthur approached me , telling me how he walks past my place at night solely to look at my lantern lights.

" I just LOVE them [sic] lights you have ... they're so pretty ! "

I'm aware of his little walks past my house to view them ....ever since I learnt of this I have been turnin the lights on at night more ...

Just for his enjoyment...

I promised him I will drop them off on his doorstep when I move.

He beamed with joy.

Now .....for anyone who loves amazing photography , my friend Mark's blog is a MUST-CHECK-OUT !!

Mark's New Zealand Blog


He blows me away with the beauty of his photographs.


2 comments:

anonymous said...

Awww, shucks.

Hey ya, I've just now noticed all the posts you put in my blog, I am truly honoured ya like my lil' ol' piccies. Ta for the linky too!

Good reading up on your stuff hear, your writing is loverly! :^)

chat to ya soon!

Tina said...

You're very welcome darl :)

Hey , when I see talent I spruik it ...so everyone else can enjoy it too.
Thats what talent is for right.

Muah Marky Mark... have a good xmas sweetz and try not to go too hard on the grog *wink*