Saturday, July 02, 2005

Canada Day Eh.

Happy Canuckian Day ppl !!!

Josh and I spent today at the movies, saw the much awaited War Of The Worlds ( It was great, we loved it ) and then we went for drinks with a friend ( Scott ).
The day started off hot, as usual this month, but turned cooler. Which sucked because I went out wearing summery gear. We went to a cool place for drinks and sat outside where I proceeded to shiver in the cool change !
I just saw on the news that June 2005 has been recorded as the hottest June in Ontario history.
I'm tempted to say that I bought the 'famed' Aus weather/heat with me but, being a Melbourne girl , that would entail four seasons in one day and also, quite frankly, Melbourne 'summers' have been shite over the past 5 - 6 years.
When ppl talk to me about the heat we've been having here they allude to the fact that, me being Aussie, I must be thriving in it because thats what I'm accustomed to.
I laugh when I hear that and tell them to spend some time in good ol Melbourne. The ppl I have these convo's with think Aus is one big hot continent all over. I suppose we should stop the false advertisement of ' a sunburnt country'.
I explain to them that, unlike here and the U.S , the South in Australia is not the hottest part of the country. Like with how our toilets flush in the opposite direction, as does our heat.
We're not only Down-Under, we're upside down and backwards *wink*

To read how our Canada Day night went see below post lol...

No comments: