Saturday, July 09, 2005

A Young Life...

...was extinguished a few hours ago.

I posted this elsewhere so I'll just copy and paste..dont have a lot more of typin in me tonight...

My cousin, Brian, was driving to football ( he was an up and coming footballer for a team in a small country town called Streatham ) and was killed in an accident this morning ( 10:30 am Australian Eastern Standard time).

My mum doesnt have all the details but apparently a train was involved too. Which leads me to think that he was crossing train lines and a train collided with his car. Some country towns have a problem where some crossings dont have signals ...and its quite possible he had music playin and didnt hear the train or something...

But I dont know anything for sure yet.

He was only 18 and we were close. He was not only my mums nephew but also her godson. He's survived by his parents and his younger brother and sister.

My mind still hasnt processed it quite fully yet...I cant even comprehend the hell my aunt and uncle are going through right now. They had gone ahead of him and were waiting for him at the football ground. I'm pretty sure the game was cancelled in respect.

I just wish I could be there to give my family cuddles. I'm really feelin the distance between my loved ones right now. It's so hard hearing my mum and sisters sob heartbrokenly and not being able to gather them in an embrace.

So so hard when someone is killed so young. He'll never celebrate his 21st, get married.....Man he was just such a fantastic kid...always quick to be there for anyone who needed anything...

I'll never see him again :(

Edit : Its on the Aus news site already, seems my feeling that there wasnt a crossing signal was right...

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,15872354-29277,00.html

The article has his age bracket wrong but ...semantics huh.

Will post more later.

No comments: