Sunday, November 14, 2004

Fill My Cup With Sundays

Song Playing : " Wild Horses " - Rolling Stones

I used to hate Sundays.

Sundays once meant the day before school......the dreary , grey , dull Sundays where I had to clean house , wash clothes and get things ready for the week ahead.

Still do all those things , nothing much has changed except for the fact that work has replaced school and I'm a little *cough* older ...
but now I get chores done early and saunter outta the house to play allllll day.

Went to Sexpo with Scott , Melissa , Tian , Liam and Neill on Saturday night. It was so-so. Didnt bring anything back , goody wise , but there aint nothin there that cant be bought at any regular Club X or lingerie store etc.

Went down to St Kilda again today and went on another of my little photography sprees.
Had some Kodak Tri-X film loaded so hopefully I'll get some nice grainy images of beachside St Kilda and its Sunday market etc.
It started to rain as I was walkin to the long St Kilda Pier but crazy me still stood/crouched out in the rain to take a shot of couples walkin back into shore huddling under umbrellas... my photography friends will completely understand the positions we get ourselves into in the pursuit of a good pic *wink*.
As I was strolling along the beachside market I came across two different photographers sitting at their stalls.....

Oooo La la .... sweethearts , can I pick ya brain for awhile .....

Very impressed with their work. One of the photographers ; a girl from England , uses infra-red film for all her photographs.
I realllllly like the effect of infra-red!
Especially on the photos where she has captured gothic style things ( example ...she had a pic of a big wrought iron , centuries old fence that stands in front of a castle in England )....the infra-red film lends an odd sort of eerie , glowing aura about it....
When she uses infra-red on architecture and whathaveyou ...it tends to still retain that black & white quality and you might even have to look twice before you realize it aint quite b&w ....infra-red is more dramatic when fauna/plant life is photographed with it. Leaves on trees have a 'snowy effect ' etc...


The other photographer I met is this guy...

Philip Greenwood

The first image to catch my eye is this image.....



I love churches ( for the architecture )...especially the old , old gothic -style ones.
He asked me if I was going to school and I replied " No , I'm teaching myself " and he seemed to like that , expressing his sentiments that its the best way to learn....

I agree .....Read and be taught something and you will understand it .. aint anythin wrong with that ....
But when you do it , get your hands dirty with it , experience the trial and errors ......you will learn by heart and you will produce beauty thats uniquely colored by your soul & heart ...
Not from the teachers idea of what they think is beauty and how to capture it....

After a while , he mentioned he wouldnt mind , on the occassions he has a professional shoot , having an assistant !!
That would be ....uh ..... ME !! *does happy jig *
So yes ... I'm going to take him up on that ...he doesnt know what hes in for lol.

On another note , but a note that I've been carrying around for awhile now....

One little sentence has been floating around for a while ....
Now its bubbling right under this membrane-thin surface...unaware of this concept of timing ...all it wants to do is hit air and breathe .....

( god that sounds like Alien or somethin ....)

Probably just as scary ... but in a quite different way ....*innocent wink*.

....You have my complete attention babe ....

( By the way ... that isnt the sentence *grin* )


No comments: