Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Landlady

My landlady has just left the office where I work ( I work right across the road from my home and she lives two doors down from me ).
I've already been told by Grace ( my contact at the real estate office ) that the new owners rang and asked her if I could get out of the place early etc...
I dunno , maybe its because my emotions are tied in with this but I found that kinda rude.

Like " Hey , 'girl-that-only-rents-the-place' , I bought your home and I want it now so can ya make like ya were never there & quickly fuck off out of it so I can be cosy and comfy in it..? "

Now Josie , the landlady , just stood in front of my desk and made out like I'm a bitch because I replied to her " When are you leaving ?" question with an "I am leaving the place on the 11th January ...."
( which is the date the legal ' 60 days to vacate 'notice ends on ).
The new owners didnt have any success with the real estate agent , Grace , so one of them , some woman , thought she'd ring Josie to compel her to walk into my workplace , cry some tears and put the pressure on me in person....and they both obviously assume that I will cave this way.
Situation is that I most likely will be sleepin on my sisters couch for the two month limbo period between January 11th and when I leave for overseas , as I obviously cant go signing any rental lease for a place of my own for only two months. Also its the cheapest option.
Josie flashed an 'angry' look before turning it into moaning and forcing the tears out in a " I'm so stressed out " manner.
Normally I would be sympathetic but I just had enough of this whole situation thats been going on this year past.
She let a person move into this place even when she knew she was gonna put it on the market a few months later.
Simply just thought of the $$$ she can squeeze out of a potential , unsuspecting tenant for as long as she could , sell the place ..then unceremoniously kick them out.
Then she took advantage of the fact that I live across the road and am a 'nice girl ' and flouted legalities ( such as the one about giving a tenant at least 24 hours notice in writing if wanting access to house to let people through etc.) Apparently this didnt apply to her , she would simply walk across the road whilst I was at work and ask to be given to key to let someone through an hour later.

So I firmly told her that , no , I will not be leaving early , I will be using my allotted legal time left there. That I have put up with having my , so-called , home walked through like a gallery all year and been MORE then obliging and nice about it.
Even though I bloody hated it.
When Josie was going through some emotional times in her personal life she has spoken to me about them and I have given her an ear and a shoulder to cry on.
Only thing I ask of her in return is a LITTLE respect and patience would be nice is all ......
Not this current " You are a non-entity..." attitude.
Told her that I didnt appreciate the new buyers and her putting the pressure on long BEFORE my time was up there...
She flashed the angry look again and put a finger up and said in a slightly threatening tone " OK then , you move out on the 11th ... but you are NOT to be there a SECOND more !!! ".
Well I never , at any point , implied that I would stay longer then the 11th.....
It's unfair of either of them to make me feel like I am a bitch for not making myself and my belongings disappear as soon as they snap their fingers....
But thats some people for ya ....if ya dont have the bucks , they dont give a fuck ....

She remarked , as she was walkin out of the office , something about how hard this situation is for her and the new buyer because " the poor woman wants to move in ".
Ok Josie lets look at this situation.
You now have a fatter bank account to the tune of $ 580, 000. Plus you own two other houses that are worth the same amount each.
This other woman now owns this wonderful , happy-vibe , place , smack-bang in the middle of every possible thing one could desire to be near to in this city ....which she'll probably renovate the shite out of and she gets to savour the feeling of knowing no one can take this place from her.
You poor , poor darlings.
Life is so terribly hard for you both , I wonder how you cope.
It sorta felt good to get some of my thoughts off my chest to her , because I have been nothing but accommodating , smiley and nice to her about the whole fucked up situation this year.
I think she was expecting me to be the normal " Yes Josie , thats ok ... no worries Josie , I'll leave pronto ...! " nice Tina ....but she got the assertive , firm , fed-up , oh cry-me-a-river Tina.
Surprissssssse ! Lol.

[/end vent]

No comments: