Saturday, September 11, 2004

Bathing Beauty

Song Playing : No songs , just the silence and the Sunday traffic below my apartment.

Sunday , lazy Sunday...

About to head outside for the day , carting trusty camera with me. One more coffee then I'm out de door...

Was just brushing my teeth a few minutes ago and , whilst doing so , wandered out into the kitchen to turn the kettle on. Looked out the window onto my lil courtyard balcony and spotted something that made me smile ( even with aforementioned toothbrush in mouth ).
I have a largish pottery bowl that I didnt know what else to do with but sit it outside in a rectangular concrete planter , in amongst the fernery. The bowl has three mermaid sculptures that are part of it , sitting inside it as if they're in a spa bath and I also sat a pottery duck in the middle. Its been raining and so the bowl is half full of water ( albeit a little mossy ).
Well I saw the cutest brown bird in it , bathing itself and playing with the pottery duck !
That bird was just shakin its tushhhhh in the water , dippin its beak in and just generally playin and bathin away. Giving himself ( or herself ) a right proper bath !
LOL , it was so bloody cute !
Other birds sat around , either just watchin the bathing beauty or waiting their turn or both....
My lil courtyard is always filled with birds ... pigeons , sparrows and other birds I cant name ... thats just one aspect of the charm of my place. A lot of days I come back home for lunch and , if its been raining , there'll be two pigeons snuggling together under the shelter , near my front door. I always quietly and softly open my door as not to scare them away.

I'm gonna clean the pottery bowl today so the birds can bathe in it properly.

1 comment:

Tina said...

Hey hon !! I went and peeked at ya blog , its TRES cool !! Butttt I tried to comment there and it wont let me * lower lip pouts then trembles *
I havent seen those pics of Zane yet .. he looks cute eatin his fist , ya better feed him I'm thinkin.....or else he wont be able to strike 'cute eating my fist ' poses anymore....lol.

Sorry I havent called ya babe...you know I get lost in my own world sometimes. Will def ring ya at work tomorrow.