Thursday, September 30, 2004

Dream

Last night I dreamt. Or , at least , I remembered one.
I'm walking down the laneway that runs behind my apartment...
I suddenly hear cheeping and twittering. I look down at my feet , towards the sound , and find broken eggs and baby birds .
They had fallen from their nest.
The baby birds emerge amongst the broken shards of shell and gunky yolk. I scoop them up , one by one, as they fight to free themselves from their shell that had , until then , harboured them safely. I must have put them somewhere safe because I then proceed to 'catch' other eggs that are falling from a nest above me and I'm trying so hard to catch them all in my softly cupped palms and the egg breaks each time and the yolk runs in globs through my fingers....
and I try to save all the baby birds....

No comments: