Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Following My Bugs

Two lil bugs have bitten me.
They know who they are , the naughty lil things.
Ones your typical travel bug.
The other one has left a tingly , buzzy sensation that compels me to seek out the source....where it'll probably bite me even harder. And obviously I wont be too disappointed by that ...... *wink*

Called up the Flight Centre today. I need to know where to start as far as travel plans are concerned.
I want to roadtrip the States ( as ya probably have ascertained from previous entries ).
Members of the The Photo Forum are all meeting up at the Joshua Tree in March and I want to make it to that. Reallllllllllly wanna make it to that , in fact. Also am ACHING to get back to New Orleans. So I'm thinkin.... New Orleans , Joshua Tree ( Cali ) , San Fransisco .... then onto Toronto ... to work for a year ( IF I get my work visa *fingers crossed *).Probably do more travelling of the U.S during my time in Canada.
Travel agent advised me to get a 'round the world' ticket. With it I can travel to five ( I think ) different places and then back home. It runs for a year. Price at the minute for one of those is gonna set me back $ 2,400. Not bad......
Considering its a minimum of $ 3,000 just for a return ticket to Canada at the mo.
My friend Scott tonight asked if I expected my job to be here when I got back from travelling .... to which I replied " Probably not and good ..... coz darl I'm rotting in that job .... I truly am....."
He's in the same boat ( with the desire to get out of his mind-numbing job and travel )... so all he did was nod to say he knew exactly what I am talkin about.
So we made a pinky promise to travel , have adventures and not return to our respective jobs.

1 comment:

anonymous said...

oh naughty girl, how are ya? Ya should try to participate in the great aussie meetup at the photoforum now. PS check yer pm's from time to time (and I don't mean John Howard)