Thursday, September 30, 2004

Silence Is Golden

More and more lately I feel the strongest urge to slide into a world of silence.
And sometimes ....I crave lilting soul food ; music .....
Music which curls through and around my senses and mind like a cleansing golden ribbon.
Mozart actually found himself in a place he hadnt graced before ; my cd player.
I have never wanted to give classical music much aural attention until the other day , when I thought I'd listen to something I'd never listened to.
Something inside of me reached out to this sound and said " Ahhh yes "....
It soothed me.
I feel like I'm overdosing on the rat-race and all its chaos.Its seeping out my ears , eyes , my pores.....
Sometimes I feel like I'm drowning in it.
And the only oxygen to keep my heart beating is my daydreams and the tidbits of beauty in this asphalt desert.
I dont want to even hear the tv on , I dont want to look at another magazine spouting 'Beauty Secrets Of The Rich & Famous' ' Brad & Jen Divorce Shock '.
Had all I can take , at the moment , of the absolute bullshit of society and its trivialities , its lies , its noise....
I just need to immerse in truth , beauty and quiet for awhile and just listen to and see life as it is ...
Not this man-manipulated , cardboard cutout , facade of life we're herding on like cattle.


No comments: