Saturday, September 25, 2004

Random Poetry

This piece just flowed out from my mind and through my fingertips ... 2 minutes to write and no editing .... so it aint anythin to write home about , so to speak.....
Its just pure thought , as it happened...

Tell me baby ...was I wrong to walk away
Should I have held on longer , would you have come through
Did I shoot the arrow that killed your hearts song for me
Did I make it turn its eyes away and weep
Honey , I cradle it in my dreams.
Time after time I try to pour my soothing balm into its deep cracks
Mind movies , in black & white
In them , I sadly cup your beloved face and I whisper all my sorries
I rain kisses on your eyelids
My aching lips catch your tears
And each morning I wake up
and wonder .....
Do you still cry ?
In the immediate aftermath , you lay on ground zero
Broken in two.
But god ...I was in pieces too baby ....
I was clutching my sanity , with numb fingers
Hopelessly gathering it like water in my palms.
And I had to walk away to hold it all together
To pour myself into a cup , in a desert
Out of my prison of limbo , walking dead
A lost wandering girl...
Carrying her new little cup , overflowing with sorrow
I walked on , searching for my kaleidoscope
I needed , needed to see color again
I craved it , like lungs starved for oxygen.
I breathe today , catch 22's
Believing in the fates
All those 'meant-to-be's'
Yet I still dream in black & white

No comments: